Welcome to Shine Bright EYM!
I would like to extend my warm welcome to all of our new children and families in 2021 and also welcome back continuing children and families from 2020.
Starting kindergarten or childcare is a special time for families. Your child can look forward to engaging in new experiences, developing friendships and learning valuable lifelong skills.
Shine Bright is committed to providing high-quality educational experiences throughout your child’s time at our services. Our educational programs are delivered through intentional play based activities that aim to improve each child’s learning and development in the following key areas:
- Social skills – how to play co-operatively with other children, make new friends and to problem solve and find positive solutions,
- Provides opportunities for language, literacy and numeracy skills in an authentic setting,
- Exposes children to new ideas, concepts and critical thinking,
- Promotes self-awareness and an understanding of their own feelings,
- Develops a respect for others and empathy towards them, and
- Develops a sense of community and respect for all cultures, with a specific focus on embedding Indigenous perspectives and developing a respect for Indigenous cultures.
As you will be aware, for 2021 the Victorian State Government is fully subsidising 4 year old kindergarten fees and heavily subsidising 3 year old kindergarten fees. We welcome this additional support which forms part of the economic recovery support for Victorians as we recover from the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Victorian State Government has now finalised the roll out of School Readiness Funding in all regions. This funding provides extra support for kindergartens to help children get the most of their early learning. It funds programs and supports that builds the capacity of the kindergarten services, educators and families to support children’s learning and development outcomes. This funding is new to our Bendigo and Campaspe services in 2021 and we look forward to making the most of this funding to further support your children’s development.
On a final note, I am excited to share with you that we have opened up 2 new services in 2021 – Maiden Gully Early Years Hub, located in Bendigo and Shamrock Park, located in Swan Hill. Check out our website for further details on these new services. photos below
We hope that your child and you have a purposeful and enjoyable year!
Chief Executive Officer