2021 SESSION TIMES
Heathcote Kindergarten has a rotating kindergarten model
Nominated Supervisor – Carly
Educational Leader – Carly
Educational Team: Carly, Sam, Tarissa (Noah’s Ark) & Jess (Noah’s Ark)
• The ‘Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework’ and the ‘Early Years Learning‘ forms the basis of our program.
• We believe that children learn through plan and that they construct their own knowledge through touching, listening, smelling, watching, imitating, thinking and doing.
• Children are holistic learners-every experience that is occurring in their ‘world’ is a learning experience and contributes to their learning potential.
• We provided a safe and secure environment which encourages children to participate and develop.
• Our kindergarten offers a wide variety of activities, materials and experiences, which support and meet the children’s individual needs, strengths, interests, learning styles and abilities in the five learning outcomes of the VEYLDF-Identify, Community, Wellbeing, Learning and Communication.
• Every child is a valued part of our children’s centre regardless of class, gender, race, colour or religion.
• We acknowledge that the family is the most important factor and the biggest influence in a child’s life and, as such, is respected and included in our program.
• We believe ‘Learning outcomes are most likely to be achieved when early childhood educators work in partnership with families’ (Belonging, Becoming, Being-EYLF pg 12)
• The role of an adult is to provide an exciting, fun and stimulating environment where positive reinforcement makes learning achievable. As Early Childhood Educators we will guide, direct and facilitate children’s learning and development.
• We will always strive to continue our own learning and will collaborate with other educators and professionals in the early childhood field to further enrich our skills and knowledge.