RIAC is a not for profit service which can assist with:
- Disability related advocacy – such as assistance for parents to work with schools, but there is a waiting list.
- Advocacy and support for NDIS appeals
- SPSP program
- Assistance with the Disability Royal Commission
Below is further reading material regarding RIAC and a link to their website for further information.
The SPSP is a DHHS funded program delivered through RIAC is for parents and carers with a child from birth to 18 years with a disability or developmental delay (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
This free program assists parents to connect with other families and their local community through:
- Peer support groups
- Guest speakers
- Educational Workshops on disability issues such as the NDIS
- One of one support and referral where required