2022 SESSION TIMES
Nominated Supervisor: Sandra
Educational Leader: Sandra
Educational Team: Sandra & Rebecca
Our educators have provided some answers to some ‘frequently asked questions’ to assist you in developing a better understanding of the kindergarten.
ENROLMENT: BENDIGO & SWAN HILL
Enrolments for Bendigo and Swan Hill Shine Bright Kindergartens are processed through Central Enrolments at Loddon Mallee Preschool Association (LMPA). Information on how to enrol into a Shine Bright Kindergarten can be found on the LMPA website or contact details below.
P: 03 5443 1229
Our Key Priorities are that Elmore Preschool is:
- Our centre promotes a sense of belonging for all children, families and community. Our environment is inclusive, and celebrates and builds on the strength of the diverse histories of all those involved with us and in our community.
- We acknowledge that families are a child’s most significant teachers, and value strong partnerships and involvement with care givers about the care, nurturing and education of their children.
- We recognise that the needs of children, families, educators and community are constantly changing and that ongoing reflection is essential to create a service that is responsive to these needs.
- Our program of open-ended learning experiences takes account of the various ways children learn, and believes in each child’s unique abilities.
- We treasure the spontaneity, energy, curiosity, vibrancy and joy of every child.
- We see each child as creative, capable and inquisitive.
- Our goal is for children to increase their understandings of the world in which they live through development of broadly based knowledge, skills and attitudes that foster a love of lifelong learning.
- We understand that play is natural and important as the way children ‘work’ and learn about their world.
- We facilitate concrete, hands-on, meaningful experiences that build on children’s interests and skills.
- We encourage children to initiate their own learning, valuing and respecting their individual approach.
- Our program seeks to build a connection with and a sense of wonder about nature.
- We support children to learn through collaboration and communication with other children, adults and their surroundings.
- We use strategies that support the child’s sense-of-self, inner confidence and esteem.
- We promote mutually respectful and rewarding relationships with people who are similar to and different from ourselves.
- We provide outlets for children to explore emotion, learn ways to deal with varied emotions and express themselves in a safe environment.