2022 SESSION TIMES
Nominated Supervisor: Robyn Swan
Educational Leader: Robyn Swan
Educational Team: Robyn & Kerrie
ENROLMENT: CAMPASPE SHIRE
Enrolments for Campaspe Shine Bright Kindergartens are processed through Campaspe Shire. Information on how to enrol into a Shine Bright Kindergarten can be found on the Campaspe Shire website or details below.
P: 1300 666 535
At Girgarre Community Kindergarten, we provide an inclusive program, through universal access, in close partnership with community and families. We encourage a sense of wellbeing and independence, through developing warm and trusting relationships between educators, children, families and eh wider community. Through play we aim to foster in children a positive self-esteem and develop a real love for learning.
We aim to:
- Develop warm and trusting relationships with children to enable them to feel safe, secure and respected. We will continually hold high expectations for every child. We create environments that support, reflect and promote equitable and inclusive behaviours and practices.
- Promote the value of play and provide children with opportunities to engage in experiences in their own time. Children need an environment that encourages and allows time to problem solve, explore and investigate new ideas.
- Value the input and participation of families at all levels and recognise the importance of their role in each child’s life. We hold a high level of commitment to meeting the needs of the local community and its residents and reflecting this community and associated cultures within our program.
- Offer many and varied opportunities for families and children to be involved in decision-making processes within our service, including curriculum related decisions.
- Provide experiences which are inclusive and based on success, encouraging skills to be practiced and ensuring time is given for practice to occur.
- Focus on play based learning and the idea of enquiry, exploration and investigation. We strive to create a sense of wonder and “hands on” experiences. We ensure learning environments reflect children’s interest and abilities as this encourages them to take control and ownership of their own learning.
- (As educators) Be welcoming and encourage the involvement of families and community members. We will communicate honestly with parents/families about their child’s development whilst remaining confidential. We will respect each families level of input.
- Consistently embed sustainable practices and knowledge into our everyday practice. Children should be involved, informed and pro-active regarding our impact on the environment,
- Create environments indoors and out, the reflect natural environments and spaces. We strive to use recycled, upcycles or second hand items where possible, and furniture made from natural, sustainable materials.
- Value and promote outdoor active play for all children, encouraging physical activity and active lifestyles, ensuring the involvement of ALL children.
- Promote healthy eating, positive food choices and informed decision making. We recognise the importance of dental care and drinking water