2021 SESSION TIMES
Nominated Supervisor: Michelle
Educational Leader: Cheryl
Educational Team: Sabrina, Sukhjit, Madlen, Cathy, Jeanette, Samantha, Susan, Michelle, Michaela, Bronte & Cheryl
Our educators have provided some answers to some ‘frequently asked questions’ to assist you in developing a better understanding of the kindergarten
ENROLMENT: BENDIGO & SWAN HILL
Enrolments for Bendigo and Swan Hill Shine Bright Kindergartens are processed through Central Enrolments at Loddon Mallee Preschool Association (LMPA). Information on how to enrol into a Shine Bright Kindergarten can be found on the LMPA website or contact details below.
P: 03 5443 1229
We at Kunawaa Preschool would like to acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are gathered and pay our respects to their Elders both past and present.
We, the educators, believe that all children have the right to be respected for who they are (Being) and are entitled to a high quality program, in a welcoming environment that is safe, warm and happy; an environment that allows them to develop their sense of Belonging. LO1 – Identity- Children have a strong sense of identity.
Children belong to a family – we acknowledge the children’s heritage, culture and customs and that family is a child’s primary influence and is the most significant relationship the child will have in its early years. Through respect for this, we hold families as our primary partners within this centre. Through this partnership we are all working towards the best outcomes for the child.
Children belong to the wider community, which can play an important role in helping the child to develop into who they become. We believe it is important for the children to develop an awareness of their local community and develop an understanding and respect for the variety of cultures that make up our community and especially an understanding of our traditional land owners from the Aboriginal Community of Wamba Wamba/Wemba Wemba. We welcome the community into our service to help develop the children’s awareness and how they can become active members. LO2 – Community – Children are connected and contribute to their world.
As educators we will endeavour to embed practices that create an environment which:
- Is stimulating and promotes curiosity and exploration of the world around them. Being is the here and now in a child’s life. Childhood is about the child knowing themselves, getting to know others, living and enjoying life, achieving and building self-esteem and being challenged every day to try new things. It is about personal growth development.
- Promotes healthy and positive attitudes to support this development through role modelling. LO3 Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Seeks to build a connection with the natural world – nurturing a regard for sustainability, promoting good recycling practices and a sense of wonder in the natural environment and people’s connection to the land in which they live.
- Fosters children’s development through the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculums that encompass the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework (2016); Practice Principles for Children’s Learning, Early Years Learning and Developmental Outcomes and Supporting Children’s Transitions. We encourage the children to participate fully and be active in society. LO4 children are confident and involved learners; LO5 Children are effective communicators.
- Is inclusive and recognises and celebrates diverse cultural backgrounds, language, abilities and additional needs of all children, families and the educators.
- Has a strong commitment to good leadership and mentoring practices for new and training educators. Educators are continually building on their knowledge of children through professional development and partnerships with families, children and other professionals from within the Early Childhood sector. Our educators ensure that everything they do reflects the National Quality Standards and adheres to the Children’s Services Act and Children’s Services Regulations and the Early Childhood Australia Code of Ethics.Shine Bright Kunawaa Preschool will positively reflect all the above statements.
We acknowledge that this document is a work in progress and will be reviewed on a regular basis due to the constant change in our families and changes to our educator appointments.