Swan Hill North Kindergarten
Swan Hill North
2019 SESSION TIMES
2020 SESSIONS – days and times are yet to be confirmed
Nominated Supervisor: Kaye
Educational Leader: Kaye
Educational Team: Michaela, Julie, Jeanette, Kaye & Sukhjit
Our Kinder environment is one where children
• Lead … rather than follow the teacher
• Create … rather than duplicate
• Move … rather than wait
• Make the lines … rather than colour in the lines
• Speak … rather than listen passively
• Initiate … rather than imitate
• Raise questions … rather than answer the teachers questions
• Solve their own problems … rather than the teachers problems
• Make art … rather than do crafts
• Emphasize the process … rather than the product
• Use authentic skills … rather than drill and practice
• Make books … rather than fill in workbooks
• Decide … rather than submit
• Choose wisely … rather than being told
• Make a plan … rather than follow the teachers plan
• Try again … rather than fail
Children are guided through their individual learning journeys as educators use reflective practices and intentional teaching to guide, challenge and inform curriculum decisions.
Our Kinder environment is one where families
• Develop reciprocal relationships with educators and other families
• Share their knowledge of their child, family culture with educators, and the broader Kinder community through participation in daily Kinder life
• Work with and alongside educators through the transition process – into our service, from Pre-Kinder to Kinder, from Kinder to Primary school
• Are recognised as unique and highly valued members of the Kinder community who contribute in many varied ways – formally and informally.
Our Kinder environment is one where educators
• Build reciprocal relationships with families and children
• See families as the first teachers of their children
• Enhance their knowledge and understandings of the cultures of the Kinder community, supporting families to be as involved in daily Kinder life as they wish to be
• Support and share the journey of transition in and out of the service
• Recognise each child as an individual, unique and capable as a learner and highly valued member of the Kinder community
• Observe, record, analyse, and develop responsive, developmentally appropriate, and individually challenging curriculum.
• Are constantly building on their personal knowledge of Early Childhood, best practice based on current research and pursue individual passions which enhance their work with children, families and community.
• Work together with other educators in the service and with other professionals to support each other’s ongoing professional development and in the development of community responsive early childhood services in and around Swan Hill and beyond.