2021 SESSION TIMES
Nominated Supervisor: Melinda
Educational Leader: Melinda
Educational Team: Taleitha, Odelia, Chloe, Abby, Erin & Melinda
Tongala Kindergarten Philosophy
- We believe every child has the right to be an active participant in their kindergarten experience regardless of ability and will provide the necessary inclusion and support to meet each child’s individual needs.
- We believe in the value of establishing and maintaining open and honest relationships with our families and the benefits of working in partnership with them.
- We believe that parents are the most important educators of their child and as such will consult and respect them at all times with regard to their child/children.
- We believe in the importance of creating and maintaining a respectful, familiar, stable and safe environment for the children and their families.
- We believe in a flexible, open-ended, indoor/outdoor free flowing play based educational program.
- We believe in offering a diverse program that respects the culture, values and family dynamics of all children and their families.
- We believe in encouraging and educating children on the value of sustainability and the importance of protecting the natural environment.
- We believe in encouraging and educating children on healthy eating and the value of leading a healthy lifestyle.
- We acknowledge that Indigenous Australians are our country’s first inhabitants and will respect and courage the culture within our program
What does the philosophy mean?
With such a philosophy, learning through play and actual experience is essential. Children learn from observation and interacting with others. Children learn best in a stimulating and challenging environment which is relaxed and flexible.
The four year old program has a program book and the activities that we do are added to it across the term. There is also a reflective book which shows our evaluation of the days/weekly activities. We use this reflective book to assist our planning for the following week. At the end of each session, there will be a photo display of what the children have been involved in during the day. The displays around the room are also evidence of our program and encompass the stories and the wonderings that we have had. We really encourage you to look around on the walls and displays because this is a major aspect of our program