Acting Premier James Merlino has announced a state wide lock down beginning at 11:59pm tonight for 7 days ending at 11:59pm Thursday, 3 June 2021.
Kindergartens and Early Learning Centres will remain open during the lockdown.
The Acting Premier advised that the same restrictions from the February lockdown will apply to Kindergartens and Early Learning Centres. We advise the following:
- ‘Drop off / pick up’ will revert to occurring at the gate;
- Face masks: anyone aged 12 year or over will now be required to wear a fitted face mask indoors and outdoors (except in your own home or if you have a ‘lawful exception’). Parents and guardians are reminded that face masks need to be worn during the ‘drop off / pick up’.
- Visitors will be limited to those essential for operations and non-essential visitors should not enter the building (exemptions can be made at the discretion of staff)
- No incursions or excursion during the lockdown &
- Remote learning is not required to be offered by Kindergartens and Early Learning Centres. If the lockdown is extended this may change.
We do not have any further specific details as to how the lock down affects our services at present. We anticipate that the DHHS and/or DET will provide further information and we will communicate this to you as it comes to hand.
If you have any queries, please contact your services Nominated Supervisor in the first incidence.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with staff over the next week.
Early Years Manager