Kyabram Municipal Kindergarten
ENROLMENT: CAMPASPE SHIRE
Enrolments for Campaspe Shine Bright Kindergartens are processed through Campaspe Shire. Information on how to enrol into a Shine Bright Kindergarten can be found on the Campaspe Shire website or details below.
P: 1300 666 535
Kyabram Municipal 2023
2023 SESSION TIMES
Proposed 2024 Timetable
All groups will be combined 3 & 4 year old programs. To learn more about the benefits of combined groups Click Here…
Days: Monday, alternating Wednesday & Thursday
Time: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Days: Tuesday, alternating Wednesday & Friday
Time: 9.00 am- 3.00 pm
Nominated Supervisor: Kerrie Bozzella
Educational Leader: Kerrie Bozzella
Educational Team: Anja, Annale, Jen, Kate Kerrie, Matthew & Sue
We believe that children have the right to be treated as individuals and the right to develop and achieve their full potential
The aim of Fenaughty Street Kindergarten (aka Kyabram Municipal Pre School) is to provide a high quality innovative educational program for all children in a nurturing, trusting and caring environment, with a focus on celebrating and encouraging children’s individualism and creativity.
Vision and aims:
We believe that each child has the right to develop and achieve their fullest potential. To achieve this, it is necessary to provide the children with:
- A safe and secure physical environment.
- An emotional climate which is sensitive to their feeling of well being and self-esteem.
- An environment that encourages their natural instincts of exploration and discovery.
All children have different strengths, interests and needs; therefore the program offered must be varied so that all children can engage in activities that are responsive to each individuals needs through a variety of experiences and play environments.
We believe that all children are unique and have the right to be treated as an individual.
- Each child enters the Kindergarten program with differing backgrounds and experiences. They are travelling on their own unique journey through life and will travel at the pace that is right for them. This journey cannot be rushed or forced therefore children will be given time to engage, practice and reflect on experiences offered within the daily program. Educators will support children as a guide, role model or as a resource, so that children are able to access equipment or activities that will increase their understanding of different experiences.
- Children need to have access to a variety of experiences each day, but also need the opportunity to revisit activities and play themes. It is though revisiting and practicing skills or testing ideas that a child is able to develop understanding, self esteem and achieve their fullest potential.
- Children need to feel supported and emotionally safe in the kindergarten environment. Educators will create an environment which is sensitive to the needs of all the children and will support each individual child within the program.
We believe that parents are the child’s first teacher and that by working in partnership with families each child will feel supported and a part of the Kindergarten environment.
- Each child and its family is valued and encouraged to participate within the program
- Every family is respected and celebrated as is their culture, traditions and values.
- By developing secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships with children and families the program is enriched, and everyone feels valued and an important part of the Kindergarten year.
We believe that Educators have an ongoing commitment to all children and families not only in the Kindergarten but also within the community.
- Educators are committed to ongoing Professional Development in order that they keep abreast of new trends, ideas and practices which enhance the development of children and programs that assist in this development
- Educators will act as advocates for children and families as need arises.
- Educators will evaluate their practices with colleagues, parents and children regularly. Reflecting upon and evaluating practices is ongoing in order for the program to be adapted so that children are able to reach their potential.